Wednesday, March 09, 2011

Bridesmaid Dresses

Let's begin the bloodbath with the #1 item on my Shit List these days: bridesmaid dresses.

What sadist came up with this idea? Nevermind the bajillion other details that a bride-to-be has to take care of (with little to no help from your average groom-to-be, obviously). She is now placed in the delicate and precarious position of choosing the dreaded Bridesmaid Dresses for her dearest (and inevitably going-to-be-offended no matter what you do) friends. Because, you see, you can't please everybody. Even lovely, patient, and well-intentioned bridesmaids. So why even attempt the Herculean feat of selecting bridesmaids gowns, when resisting the temptation to pull a 'runaway bride' and get the hell out of dodge is a feat all its own? We are not all cookie-cutter shaped barbie dolls, somebody is going to to get the sticky end of this lollipop. And frankly, I think its me. Because no matter what dress I choose - flowy or fitted -I damned if I do and I'm damned if I dont. I am having for real anxiety-induced night terrors about this whole situation and honestly about thisclose to getting all Bridezilla up in this biz-natch and handing out Glad garbage bags (the kind with the ties for added adjustability of course!) to each of my lucky lovely ladies.

2 comments:

  1. if I EVER have to endure this process, I am going to let them pick out their own damn dresses!

    ReplyDelete
  2. yeah tried that, didn't work. I've learned a lot, the hard way, during this whole planning a wedding fiasco. And the worst part is, now that I've learned all this new stuff and useful information, I will never have to use it again.

    (hopefully! lol!)

    ReplyDelete