Monday, September 12, 2011

US Airways Update:

To my surprise, I actually got a letter back! Good thing too because if not I was going to get David Thorne on the case...

"Thank you for contacting Customer Relations. We appreciate hearing from our customers and having an opportunity to address their concerns.

I'm sorry your flight was canceled from Lihue to Phoenix. In addition, I regret you were not provided with additional information concerning the flight’s cancellation prior to your arrival to the Lihue airport. I understand you were displeased with the meal vouchers provided. These vouchers may not cover the entire meal expense; however, meal vouchers are issued to off set meal costs.


I would also like to apologize for the poor customer service you received and how each situation was handled. Our customers expect and deserve service that is helpful, friendly and knowledgeable. Please be assured that your concerns have been documented and forwarded to the appropriate Managers to serve as a learning tool on how we can improve our service.

I recognize this flight’s cancellation caused you a major inconvenience. To convey our apologies and regain your confidence, we have authorized two $100.00 Electronic Travel With Us Voucher(s)

Based on your comments, we could have done a better job of assisting you, and I assure you the necessary steps will be taken to help prevent a recurrence. We know that you have many choices when it comes to traveling, and we thank you for choosing US Airways."

So there it is. $200 is not a whole lot when it comes to air travel but at least its something. Its the first genuine apology and an attempt to make it right. I'm satisfied.

No comments:

Post a Comment