Friday, April 15, 2011

Zumba Zumba Zumba

You know what doesn't grind my gears? ZUMBAAAA!!

I went to my first Zumba class the other day with a friend of mine, who I was very grateful to have for moral support, and I had a BLAST!

I know I looked a fool, jumping and gyrating awkwardly, with sweat dripping down my back and a huge dumb grin plastered to my face. But it made me remember how much I missed dancing.

I don't go to clubs. Nowadays it only reminds me of how young I used to be. I end up feeling wildly out of place, or like some cougar trying to re-live my youth. I've had my party days and I have no interest in re-visiting them. (And getting hit on by some 19 yr old makes me feel like a perv.) But I used to love to grab a good friend, go out and just dance -close my eyes and feel the beat and dance and dance and dance. Its hard to explain the euphoria, but it was like nothing in the world mattered. And I had forgotten how much I missed that release.

I found it again in a small Zumba class led by the exuberant and flamboyant Franco, who could shake it in a way no man should be able to. And it felt fantastic.

No comments:

Post a Comment