Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Working on my Fitness

Yesterday I got home from work and I knew supper was a couple hours away. I wanted a snack. And there were so many goodies to choose from. I decided to be healthy and have strawberries. But you know what goes really good with strawberries? Two-bite brownies. So I had about four of those. (You know, making healthy choices is hard when you are out of the house twelve hours a day and don't have hundreds of dollars to spend on food! A McBurger satisfies my hunger and costs two bucks.)

Yesterday I got home from work and I planned on heading right back out to the gym. But I was exhausted, and cranky, and cold, and hungry, and knew the gym would be packed at six o'clock on a Tuesday. So I ate my strawberries and brownies tucked under my blankets in bed and started watching a new series about Zombies. And I was so cozy by the time the first show was over that I watched another one. The Zombie Apocalypse is so much more interesting than the treadmill at the gym. Of course, by then it was getting late and there was still dinner to make and chores to do before bed.

And then... the GUILT MONSTER Rrrraawrrr! It's hard to stay on the fitness wagon. Shouldn't I be able to give myself a break without feeling like a total failure? Nope! Not if I want to get in shape! Starting a gym membership makes you feel bad about yourself in entirely new and twisted ways.


1 comment:

  1. So true Liz!!! My gym membership is a bi-weekly reminder of my laziness.

    ReplyDelete