Thursday, January 26, 2012

JuicyFruit makes me want to vomit!

So, a lady in the elevator behind me today was the loudest gum-chewer I have ever heard.

What made it even worse was that she started up a conversation with the person next to her while continuing the gum-chewing. I couldn’t see her (thank goodness) but just the sounds coming out of this woman’s mouth - the squishing and squelching and chewing and talking with this gob of gum rolling around and the saliva building up at the corners of her lips.... *shudder*

DIS-GUS-TING!  

I don’t know how the other person was able to carry on a conversation in the midst of this grotesque display.  

I hate gum. It completely grosses me out. I hate the feeling that there is something in your mouth and you can chew and chew and chew but it never goes away. It makes me want to gag just thinking about it. Its like a rubbery chew-toy for people. I hate that it makes people’s breath a too-strong smell that’s either like toothpaste or like a flavour.  Why would any adult want to smell like grape punch? And your car should smell like winter-green, not your tongue! Blech!

But that could just be my own personal neuroses. Here’s a reason that everyone can relate to: Why is it rude to talk and chew when there is food in your mouth but not gum? Its still talking, its still chewing! Its still me seeing something being rolled around on your tongue and squished between your teeth!


I could barf right now.

No comments:

Post a Comment